About Grundon and Viridor
Ford ERF is a joint venture between Grundon Waste Management, the UK’s largest family-owned waste management company and Viridor, one of the largest resource management companies in the UK.
This is the second time we have worked together to develop a modern, state-of-the-art, energy recovery facility that diverts non-recyclable waste from local authorities and businesses away from landfill.
Lakeside Energy from Waste, near Slough, has been operational since 2010, successfully treating around 440,000 tonnes of the region’s waste each year. It generates enough energy to power around 85,000 homes.
The two businesses have a combined experience of 155 years in waste management, recycling and environmental services.Find out more about Lakeside Energy from Waste
In the community
Grundon and Viridor both have a proud history of ensuring we become part of the communities in which we operate.
We can already commit to unlocking a range of benefits as part of our proposals for Ford ERF, these include:
- The creation of Jobs. The 24 jobs that are already in place at our site will be safeguarded and will be increased to approximately 40 as part of the development of our new Waste Sorting and Transfer Facility. In addition, we will create a further 40 new jobs at the new ERF
- Apprenticeships, graduate recruitment and management training schemes, to help local young people access long and rewarding careers in the global resource management industry.
- The creation of supply chain opportunities for local businesses, which will start in the earliest weeks of our construction and continue through the day-to-day running / maintenance of our facility once it’s operational.
- Educational outreach programmes, to help inspire and inform school pupils and college students around the subject of sustainable waste management and energy generation.
- Inviting school and community groups to visit Ford ERF as our guests and be taken on guided tours of our state-of-the-art facility.
We welcome your thoughts on this subject, so please let us know if you’ve any community initiatives you would like us to consider.