A new Energy Recovery Facility and Waste Sorting and Transfer Facility for West Sussex
We’ve updated our proposals
Following feedback from the local community and West Sussex County Council, we’ve updated our proposals for a new state-of-the-art ERF and WSTF at Ford CTP.
These changes include:
- Lowering the height of the proposed ERF building from 51.2m to 38.5m
- New architectural design to significantly reduce visual impact
- Improved site layout to maximise landscape screening opportunities
To achieve these changes:
- We’ve changed the ERF building to house two combustion lines which allows for a lower building without compromising energy output or waste capacity.
- Significantly reduced the size of the Waste Sorting and Transfer Facility, without compromising the waste management capacity of that facility.
Create 54 permanent new jobs including retention of 4 existing jobs
Treat 295,000 tonnes of
waste a year
at the ERF and WSTF
Ford ERF would generate 28 MW (net) of energy, equivalent to the needs of 68,000 homes
Opportunity to provide heat and power connections for local homes, businesses and public facilities.
Provide apprenticeship, graduate recruitment and management training schemes